Q: P2101 TAC motor circuit range/performance

"Car driven by my wife." tells me the car does not want accelerate but when I drive it nothing happens Auto Zone ran a diagnostics check and it gives P2101 P0223 P0123 P2135 twice and a P0420 and that is all. Please help me. Thank you Rene

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2006 Nissan Altima.

P2101 is an OBD-II generic code for the engine control module (ECM) detecting the throttle actuator control (TAC) went out of the range of the circuit causing an open circuit to be detected in the TAC motor.

P0222 code is an indication that the Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected voltage from the throttle position sensor to have exceeded the acceptable range of voltage set by the manufacturer.

P0123 code means that the the car’s computer has detected that the TPS (throttle position sensor) is reporting too high a voltage.

P2135 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch A/B voltage correlation refers to a problem related to the throttle’s ability to open and close.

P0420 code, this could be caused by a number of different things. Mainly it will indicate that the reading of the rear O2 sensor is very similar to the front O2 sensor. This could be due to a bad O2 sensor (front or rear), faulty wiring to those sensors, or worse, a bad catalytic converter or ECM.

With all of this being said, I believe you need a new TPS and ECM. The last code says either ECM or O2 Sensor but I believe it is linked to the other codes.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose these trouble codes firsthand and make the accurate repair to get your car running normally.