Q: Not getting enough fuel car will not run right. It stalls when you give it gas and stalls when it's running. It's a 1984 Ford Escort.

Replace fuel pump fuel gas filter car will start starts hard you have to pump it and it starts will idle find then all set and I then get started again rev It Up and go to take off and like not getting enough fuel I was driving down the road when this problem began and it was running fine just act like it's running out of gas and started having problem replaced the other things gas fuel pump and filter and still having problems getting fuel

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. Several ea...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Several early 80's Ford's swapped from carburetor to fuel injected engines; including your '84 Ford Escort. However, there were two different fuel systems available that year. If your Escort has the fuel injected engine, one item I'd check is the EGR valve or clean the throttle body.

Both systems impact fuel delivery into the engine and if they are dirty or clogged with excessive carbon build up, can starve the engine to create this type of issue. If it's the carburetor version, the carburetor might need to be rebuilt, or may be an issue with float bowls inside the carb.

If you need assistance diagnosing the exact issue, feel free to contact one of our professional mechanics to complete an engine is stalling inspection firsthand at your own location.