Q: if my 2011 chevy equinox brakes the water chain can the car still run or it'll stop?

my car overheats , i was told it's the water chain that broke and that's why is overheating , i want to know if is truth because my car still running and it's not making any noise , i asked couple of mechanics and they all say ones the chain brakes the car stops running or it make noise .

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. The water pump and engine balance shaft are run on one chain and the engine crankshafts are run on a separate timing chain. I guess it could be possible this chain could break and the engine could stay running. You would have an engine vibration and overheating if this was the case. I would recommend having the vehicle checked to see if the chain broke or you have a different issue with the water pump or cooling system. If you want to have this checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect why your car is overheating and replace the water pump if necessary.

3. if my 2011 chevy equinox brakes the water chain can the car still run or it'll stop?