Q: if my 2011 chevy equinox brakes the water chain can the car still run or it'll stop?

my car overheats , i was told it's the water chain that broke and that's why is overheating , i want to know if is truth because my car still running and it's not making any noise , i asked couple of mechanics and they all say ones the chain brakes the car stops running or it make noise .

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. The water pump and engine balance shaft are run on one chain and the engine crankshafts are run on a separate timing chain. I guess it could be possible this chain could break and the engine could stay running. You would have an engine vibration and overheating if this was the case. I would recommend having the vehicle checked to see if the chain broke or you have a different issue with the water pump or cooling system. If you want to have this checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect why your car is overheating and replace the water pump if necessary.

• if my 2011 chevy equinox brakes the water chain can the car still run or it'll stop?