Q: My car is leaking oil - 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe

My 1997 2 door Chevy Tahoe, 5.7 V8, 4 wheel drive is leaking a few drops of oil on the ground each time I stop the vehicle.

A: Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechani...

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The best thing to do is to wash your engine, including the bottom, really good. Now, after driving you will be able to inspect where the leak is coming from. The most common places will be around the valve covers, oil filter, oil pan, and where the engine mounts with the transmission. This will give you an idea of where the oil is coming from and what is causing the leak.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to inspect for the leak and determine what repairs are necessary.