Q: I have a 2001 honda cr-v se 2 Li I4 engine. on the back of the throttle body is a im guessing it's some type of sensor,two mires p

asked by on September 29, 2016

I have a 2001 honda cr-v se 2 Li I4 engine. on the back of the throttle body is a im guessing it's some type of sensor,two mires plug into it. Is it called a throttle position sensor or TPS? Do i have to have a special tool to remove it?

You are correct. This is the throttle position sensor or TPS. You should not need any special tools to remove it. Most throttle position sensors are mounted to the throttle body with 7mm, 8mm, or tor bolts. If you have those tools, removing the throttle position sensor should be fairly easy. If you are in doubt about this repair, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a qualified professional to help you with the repair.