Q: Missing on cyl 1,3,5.

asked by on November 29, 2016

Replaced plugs , coil, CPI injector, rotor dist cap , cleaned ignition module and used di elec grease for good contact.check spark on all plugs and wires. No fuel leaks. Fuel pressure 62psi koeo operates at 56 psi. Pulled distributor checked gear and bushings all good. Plugs get black on left 3 cyl.1,3,5. Service engine soon light is on. Could it be crank sensor?

Hello. No spark for an entire bank, or side of the engine, can be caused by a few different things. If cylinders 1, 3, and 5 are all experiencing the same issue I would consider the possibility of a faulty ignition module or faulty spark plug wires. The ignition module controls the vehicle’s spark timing and is one of the most important ignition system components. If it fails or has an issue it may cause all sorts of issues including misfires and no spark. If it has already been cleaned then I would move on to seeing if the module can be tested. Most auto parts will have some sort of tool for testing ignition modules and can help you figure out of the module is bad. It may also be possible that the spark plug wires that go to those cylinders are what is causing the issue. A resistance test can determine if they need to be replaced. If the service engine soon light has come on then there may be a trouble code present that may shed some light on what the issue may be. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what the cause of your service light, and spark issues may be.