Q: My clutch goes all the way to the floor what needs to be repaired

asked by on May 11, 2017

The clutch goes all the way to the floor. I can't drive it as it will not go into gear. It does start. But if I push the pedal all the way down I have to physically pull it back up with hand. It's like it's not attached to anything anymore

Clutch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. When the clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor without any pressure or inability to return to the top automatically, it’s usually an indication of a broken sprag (return clutch pedal spring), clutch master cylinder failure or an inner hydraulic failure inside the bellhousing of the clutch system. It’s probably a good idea to first have one of our professional mechanics come to your location and complete a clutch is not working inspection before attempting repairs, as finding the precise source of this issue will save you a tremendous amount of time and money.