Q: Check Engine light for catalytic converter

The Check Engine light is on in car. After getting a diagnostic check done, I was told the problem was the catalytic converter.

A: If you are not experiencing drivability iss...

If you are not experiencing drivability issues, the catalytic converters may be starting to become inefficient. Catalytic converters often times are ruined by raw fuel in your exhaust system. Misfires that go unresolved are usually the cause of this. A technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will typically use a back pressure gauge to test the catalytic converter for inefficiency and replace it if necessary.