Q: Blown head? 1996 Toyota Camry

Hi, I have a '96 Toyota Camry with more than 200, 000 miles. It ran just fine the day before, but yesterday I didnt go anywhere anywhere, and reparked my car and noticed white or grey smoke coming from exhaust, not a lot, just a little, noticed there may be an oil leak, and a coolant leak. Filled coolant up and was lower than it was. Car doesnt seem to be overheating, but Rrmp thingy goes straight to 2 when i started it up

Hi there - you can certainly have a blown head gasket without a lot of dramatics - at least initially. If the white smoke from the exhaust has a sweet smell to it, that’s a good indication that the head gasket is failing. Check compression on all cylinders, looking for a drop in pressure between 2 adjacent cylinders. There are also chemical tests to check for combustion gases in the coolant as another confirmation. For assistance with the diagnosis, I recommend a smoke from the exhaust inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.