Q: Engine shaking when turned on. Steady Check Engine light.

Hi there. Though there are many reasons that this can occur on your car, most of the time it is caused because of a worn out spark plug or failing ignition coil. Since the check engine light is on you would need to https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/75-point-safety-inspection. This will help to determine where to start with the diagnosis. You should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.com, who has the diagnostic equipment and knowledge to do this.