Daughter just had a new battery in her 2005 Ford Focus. S...

Q: Daughter just had a new battery in her 2005 Ford Focus. She finally got the car alarm to stop. The car wil not start. She is still

asked by on July 15, 2017

Our daughter just had an new battery put in Auto Zone tonight. She is still there as the car will not start. She finally got the alarm to go off. Are you able to call her to help out? Or call us in Florida to tell her what to do?
Her car has an automatic transmission.

If the theft light is still on in the dash when the key is turned to on then the problem may be the theft module got cleared when battery was put in and the module will need reprogrammed to recognize the key so it will let the car start. The dealer, mechanic or locksmith with programming key capability will need to reprogram computer.