my cam shaft position censor needs to be repaired on my c...

Q: my cam shaft position censor needs to be repaired on my car. once this is fixed will i be able to drive my car?

asked by on August 01, 2017

my cam shaft position censor needs to be replaced. will i be able to drive my car after it gets replaced. i haven't had any other issues with my car (ever).

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the camshaft position sensor is the only problematic component on the vehicle, it should absolutely be operational after the repair. If there is a reason the sensor has failed prematurely, and there is an underlying issue yet to be seen, you may have issues down the line. If it is simply a bad sensor, everything should go back to normal afterwards. Considering the age of the car, you should expect to have to start replacing more components gradually. Keep on top of them, and you will get many more miles out of the vehicle. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.