I was driving my 2012 kia forte when all of a sudden it c...

Q: I was driving my 2012 kia forte when all of a sudden it cut off it was start backup at 1st and run as longest on holding a gas pat

asked by on November 17, 2017

Was driving my 2012 Kia forte all of a sudden it cut off it started backup as long as I keep my feet on the gas it runs when I take my feet off gas it cuts back off until eventually it wouldn't restart the battery died because I had to keep restarting it every time I stop

Stalling at idle could be due to a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. Based on what you have specifically described the issue is probably "limited" and thus should be fairly easy to resolve. If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.