Q: The car has good spark and fuel but won't fire up

Installed new distributor wires plugs and fuel pump and filter...new starter and battery...getting good fuel and spark...but won't run...had it started after a week of checking and rechecking...but for only about 1 min...now won't start again...

Hi there:

In most cases, the issue you’re describing is typically caused by ignition coil, distributor rotor, or crankshaft position sensor that is faulty, damaged or has an electrical harness that is pinched or damaged.

It could also be fuel or air related; as a mass air flow sensor or throttle body issue could cause that as well. You might want to check those areas out first to see if they need to be replaced.

If that doesn’t help, you can always contact one of our mobile mechanics to complete a starting issue inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of your starting issues and recommend the correct repairs.