Q: all the tranmission fluid burned out, dip stick was black, burning smell. new tranmission installed, a line was punctured on insta

A line was punctured on install, not sure what line, but the car is also smoking, rear seal may need to be replaced

A: Have the vehicle checked after filling the ...

Have the vehicle checked after filling the transmission. You should not let the fluid get low on the new transmission. You may need to have the vehicle run on a lift to see where the leak is. If you need help getting this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to locate and repair any leaks and perform a transmission fluid service if necessary.