Q: How do I use the keypad to disable the autolock function on the doors?

How do I use the keypad to disable the autolock function on the doors?

A: While you can use the power door locks in y...

While you can use the power door locks in your car to disable the autolock feature if you want, you can also use the keypad on the outside of the driver front door. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Make sure the ignition is off.

2. Make sure all the doors are closed (that goes for the liftgate, too).

3. Enter your access code.

4. Press the 3 and 4. Hold them. At the same time, press the 7 and 8 buttons.

5. Let go of the 7 and 8 buttons.

6. Let go of the 3 and 4 buttons.

7. Listen for the horn to honk. One beep means you’ve disabled the system. A short beep and a long beep mean that you’ve enabled autolock.