Q: Car stalling going up incline

I brought my car today for a diagnostic test since ive had issues for a week going up bridges it acts like im out of gas , bucking and sputtering almost. They changed a serpentine belt and a gasket. I asked if they drove it up a bridge to check they said no so I immediately went .I went over the bridge and sure enough it did the same thing. I called the place back and they said the mechanic was gone and won't be back for 2 days. I have 3 major bridges I drive over to get to work and i can't play this guessing game with my time and $ to fix my car. Any idea what maybe going on?

It sounds like this may be related to a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sensor relays vital information to the ECM which uses this to make adjustments to fuel supply to the motor. A dirty or faulty sensor can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.