Q: How Often Should my Ignition System Be Inspected?

asked by on November 19, 2015

How often should my ignition system be inspected?

Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $627.86 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Periodic ignition system inspections should follow the prescribed maintenance intervals as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Maintenance schedules are published in the owner’s manual of every vehicle.

Routine ignition system inspections aren’t as frequent as they used to be. With technological advances in spark plug technology, ignition system design, computer controls, and improved components, inspections are required less frequently than they used to be. Basically, other than spark plug inspections every 30,000 to 60,000 miles and plug replacements every 100,000 miles, your ignition system should function normally for the life of the vehicle. Of course, if your vehicle suffers a malfunction related to the ignition system, inspections, and repairs will occur more frequently.

If you feel that your vehicle could benefit from an inspection of your ignition, starting, or charging system, a professional technician will be happy to help you with any starting related issues you come across. We’ll be more than happy to help you and put your mind at ease.