Q: DSG transmission slipping gears 2012 VW GTI

I have a VW GTI 2012 with a DSG transmission. I have had about 6 or 7 times now in the last 3 weeks my car would slip out of 1st or 2nd into neutral. Once it slipped out of 5th into neutral on the expressway. I talked to a VW technician and they said they cant do anything unless it can be something they observe meaning it has to get worse first. It is still under waranttee until 60k or March 2018. Reading online forums suggest I should get a transmission fluid replacement or have it topped off. I really don't know what to do at this point and would appreciate any advice you could give. Thank you.

Hello - I think you’re getting the run-around. These DSG transmissions are quite sophisticated, and have very detailed on-board diagnostic capability. Check with another VW service center, which will use a VAG-COM diagnostic tool to check for problem codes with the transmission. Just because the Check Engine light is not illuminated doesn’t mean there are no problems being caught by the software. Changing the transmission fluid doesn’t seem like an acceptable "requirement" at 25K miles. There is a problem with the actuators selecting the gears if you’re having this problem with all the gearsets you mention. If you continue having problems getting warranty attention on this, call VW Customer Service. Good luck!

3. DSG transmission slipping gears 2012 VW GTI