Q: Can't pass smog check due to Check Engine light

I can't pass a smog check due to a Check Engine light on. The vehicle has been in storage for years because it ran hot. Transmission is sluggish and slow shifting. It also has timing cover crossover gasket and intake manifold leaks.

A: The Check Engine light requires a special s...

The Check Engine light requires a special scan tool to determine the issue. Additional diagnostics may be required. An intake leak is common on this engine and may cause leaks, low fluids, and many other issues. With the vehicle sitting for a long time, other issues may be present. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can assist you with diagnosis of your car’s Check Engine light.