Q: My hyundai 2013 Elektra gls makes a clicking sound when I accelerate using the gas pedal.

My hyundai 2013 Elektra gls makes a clicking sound when I accelerate using the gas pedal. This only happens when under 50mph above that I don't hear it.

Two possibilities are worn CV axle joints and engine noise, particularly from the valve train. If you hear valve train clicking at idle, and the clicking at idle is similar to what you hear when accelerating, it is more likely to be just that (valve train noise). Check the engine oil level; a low oil level can lead to engine noises. Clicking from CV axles is sometimes accompanied by torn CV boots or boots leaking grease. It is possible to have the noise pinpointed and a mechanic will use both experience and aural aids such as a mechanic’s stethoscope, chassis ears and so forth, to do that. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.