Q: How do I unlock my RDS radio? 2005 Pontiac radio?

asked by on March 17, 2017

I have removed my rds radio for a minor repair. now i need to get the correct code for the theftlock system to unlock the radio. proceedures i've found online give instructions on how to do this but they all contain the instruction to "press the AM/FM button. Fine except that my radio DOES NOT have any button called AM/FM. it only has a button called BAND used to switch between AM-FM1-FM2-(XM). since I don't have an actual AM/FM choice button what can i do? I don't want to spend the price for a dealer to do a simple job i can do myself, except for that damn AM/FM button.

Hi there - since your radio is an RDS model, you will to have a GM service center unlock your RDS radio. RDS radio models cannot be unlocked with the procedure you mention.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr