Q: Loud noise under hood of my car when I brake.

So yesterday when I was braking my car starting making a loud roaring noise in the hood of my car. It only does it when I'm at a mid breaking point. It doesn't do it when I first break, it doesn't when I'm at a complete stop, and when I'm accelerating it doesn't. It's only when I'm about be at a complete stop does it make the loud noise. Any idea of what this could be?

Hi there. Typically this sound is an indication of brake pads that have worn out. The wear indicator on the pad is made of metal, so when it wear out and you apply the brakes, it drags along the rotor. This can scratch and actually create grooves in the brake rotor, so you might want to get your brake pads changed out as soon as possible.

3. Loud noise under hood of my car when I brake.