Q: What does the “Tire pressure sensor fault” warning mean in the message center?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the “Tire pressure sensor fault” warning mean in the message center?

There are several different components for your Tire Pressure Monitoring system and they all must work together to provide you with accurate information. If you see a warning that says, “Tire pressure sensor fault” in the message center of your car, it means that one or more of the sensors embedded in the wheels isn’t communicating with the Tire Pressure Monitoring system. If you have your spare tire on the car, that’s the reason. If you don’t have the spare tire mounted, then you should have the system inspected as soon as possible.

Tips

• The “Tire pressure sensor fault” warning means that a sensor isn’t communicating with the rest of the system.

• It does not indicate low tire pressure, and it does not indicate a problem with the rest of the monitoring system.