Q: 2007 Ford focus sputters when idling and check engine light is on

Car is sputtering when coming to a stop and or idle. Check engine light is on

Hi there. In most cases, when the check engine light is illuminated, it’s due to a sensor or vehicle system recognizing a problem and storing an on board diagnostic (OBD-II) in the ECU and triggering the warning light. When your engine idle is rough and shaky, it’s commonly due to a vacuum leak, dirty or clogged fuel injectors or other fuel system problems. It’s also possible that spark plugs or plug wires are worn out, or there is a different ignition system component that is causing an engine misfire. The best way to isolate the source of this problem, is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car idle is rough inspection. Once they diagnose the root source of the problem, they will be better qualified to resolve this problem.

3. 2007 Ford focus sputters when idling and check engine light is on