Q: Car won't start - 2012 Land Rover LR4

asked by on September 27, 2016

My car has gone 64,000 miles. The car has difficulty starting up. After checking the battery, electrical components work. I attempted to jump-start the car with another vehicle but it couldn't be restarted. The dash is showing the ABS light illuminated. I've done several repairs. I had the battery tested under load and it has power. I had the ABS fuses examined. Had the codes read. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but this had no effect whatsoever. Everything seems fine, no trouble codes, has power, electrical features work. As for the engine, I only hear clicks when I attempt to start it. What might be the issue?

Hey there. Land Rover has a TSB out for a keyless module that may malfunction. Of the "Smart Key Not Found" message that will occur on the dash. This repair would require the module to be replaced and programmed at the dealer. If the this is not the case, where you are getting the error message then is seems like there is either a loose connection in the starting system or a starter itself. One last possibility could be a failed ignition - potentially a problem with the ignition switch. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic to assist with diagnosis of the starting issue.