Q: THE KEY WAS PUT IN WRONG IN THE IGNITION AND WE CANT GET IT OUT WE WENT TO A LOCK SMITH BUT ITS GONNA COST US TO MUC

asked by on December 20, 2016

OUR CAR IS A HOLDEN SRS V6 I THINK CAN U HELP AND A A SERVICE DID SOMETHING LIKE WE HAVE TO USE A SCREW DRIVER HE COULD NOT GET THE KEY OUT CAUSES ITS NOT HIS JOB

Hello. I would need to know what kind of vehicle this is to be able to give you the best possible information. If the key was installed wrong and will not come out of the ignition then most of the time the ignition lock cylinder will need to be replaced. I usually try pulling the key out with a pair of pliers, but even if the key comes out it can damage the lock cylinder. If you are looking for a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the key is stuck in the ignition] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/ignition-key-is-stuck-and-does-not-turn-inspection