My battery is brand new but my car won't start. I tried h...

Q: My battery is brand new but my car won't start. I tried hitting the starter with a hammer and nothing changed. My car is turning o

asked by on October 18, 2017

My battery is brand new but my car won't crank or start. I tried hitting the starter with a hammer a few times but nothing changed. I have corrosion on my battery cords and I poured some coke on it and cleaned it a little but nothing changed. Instead of cranking the car is making a clicking noise

Just by pouring Coke on cables do not clean the cables enough to get good voltage to the starter. I suggest you have the cables and clamps cleaned properly and if still will not crank then have the new battery system tested to see if proper voltage is getting vehicle starting system. You may have a bad cable or starter.