Q: AC makes hissing noise on a 2000 Dodge Durango

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango. When I turn on the AC it just blows warm air and makes a hissing noise from the dash vents. So, I just start by getting the system recharged.

If it’s actually hissing, it must have a pretty big leak. You can try adding some refrigerant and it might work. But, if it’s hissing, it’s not going to last long because it has a pretty big leak there. Knowing Dodges, it is generally the evaporator that starts to leak because they make them cheap. They cost a fortune to replace on that thing unfortunately. But first, try to add some coolant and see if that helps out.