Q: Car will crank but won't start, mechanic says the fuel pump is fine, I'm not sure why, also the battery died quickly from trying t

asked by on May 23, 2017

Car will crank but won't start, mechanic says the fuel pump is fine, I'm not sure why, also the battery died quickly from trying to start it for two days.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If a car will crank over but will not start, it is typically due to one of two issues. First, the engine is not getting enough fuel or not the right mixture of air to fuel. Second, the engine is unable to ignite that fuel when it is supposed. The most common issue is an ignition system component failure, such as a cam or crankshaft position sensor being damaged. When this occurs, the engine is unable to ignite the fuel inside the engine to allow it to start. The battery would drain due to multiple attempts, so it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection. This will permit them to identify the source of the non-starting issue and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr