Q: I own a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am. My alternator went out, had it replaced. Now my car has a hard shift and the trac off light is on??

My alternator went out while driving home. My step dad replaced it with a new one over the weekend. Ever since it was replaced my car has had a add shift and the ‘trac off’ light is on. There is no button to turn it off. With the shifting my rpm goes to 3 the jerks to shift into the next gear and jumps staigbt down to 2rpms. My check engine light has been on from a Cadillac converter deficiency which has caused absolutely zero issues. The concern is the shifting and the ‘trac off’ light being on.

You will need to have the computer scanned for additional stored codes for the traction control and may need to have the throttle control relearned to have the vehicle shift correct.

3. I own a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am. My alternator went out, had it replaced. Now my car has a hard shift and the trac off light is on??