Q: would a bad oxygen sensor keep my truck from starting?

My engine light has been going off and on the past few months. I took it to be put in the computer and it said a bad O2 sensor. So lately my truck will act like it's about to start and die. Every time it will do that. But come back ten minutes later it will start right up

A: The O2 sensor will not cause the no start. ...

The O2 sensor will not cause the no start. The no start can be caused by the fuel pump or the ignition system. You should check the engine for spark and fuel pressure, when it is not turning on to help narrow the problem down. The ignition system may be the coil, module, or pick up in the distributor. To have the fault identified by a professional, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your starting issue and perform the correct repairs.