Q: High RPM, Low acceleration after crossing water logging

I have a 1.6L MT petrol car. This issue started after I went through a heavy waterlogged road and post that the car had hydraulic lock the next day which I got released by mechanic and got the car serviced which included filters changing and transmission oil change.(Without Flush) I can see RPM going high and low acceleration and speed in shorter gears and, I need to slot in to a gear high much sooner. The speed rises in high gear due to an early shift. But then since RPM shoots much higher in first and second gear, I need to shift sooner. I know clutch might be weak as it is driven 26000 miles done but then I dont feel like changing it so soon. Any other factors which I need to get it checked ? Can servicing the transmission and changing the fluid help? Can MAF and fuel system cleaning help ? It happened from the moment I got hydraulic lock removed and got the car service done. Additionally, the car has no engine issues,no gear shift issue and no ECU codes.

Manual transmissions are directly geared and so a fault in the transmission itself will not cause "fluctuations" in engine RPM. However, a malfunctioning clutch pressure plate and/or contaminated clutch friction material could be a cause of RPM excursions. Fluctuating engine RPM on acceleration, or loss of power, has a lot of engine related causes both in fuel system and ignition system components as well as in the large complement of engine sensors. It is possible that there is water damage to electrical components or terminals involved in these systems. If you want this issue that you are writing in about resolved by a certified professional, the recommended service to request is a loss of power inspection/diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. High RPM, Low acceleration after crossing water logging