Q: Car making a chirping noise

The car has been making a rhythmic chirping noise. The warning battery and brake light flash occasionally and the steering wheel freezes and the car becomes extremely difficult to turn.

Hello. The chirping noise you are hearing while the engine is running is something beginning to fail on the engine belt drive. It sounds like something is locking up and stopping the belt from turning, causing the lack of power steering and the warning light to illuminate. Being that this affects the drivability of the car, this should be repaired sooner than later. You will probably need the aid of a mechanic to diagnose your engine’s chirping noise.

3. Car making a chirping noise