Q: Front driver's CV joint, tire, and rim replacement

asked by on December 21, 2016

During a major snow fall my Equinox ended up in a ditch. While the hood is dented a little and the grill is smashed beyond repair, it is not currently on the road as the rim bent and shredded the tire. When I put the spare on, the tire is touching the spring which means I am not able to drive the vehicle. What is the repair cost for something like this?

Hi there:

It’s possible that you’ve broken a few suspension components during your recent accident. So, it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle first to determine exactly what’s damaged or broken so an accurate estimate can be given to you.