Q: Q: my thermostat housing is leaking

Ok so I bought the car and the thermostat housing started leaking so I thought to take it off and replace the thermometer and the gasket I did then and then put it all back together and now it's leaking right below the gasket on this little lip thing on the thermostat housing and I don't know why it's leaking and I have put sealant in to it

Hi there:

Most of the time when the thermostat housing is leaking it’s caused by dirt or debris that may not have been fully cleaned out when it was replaced. This will cause the gasket to not seal correctly. Other issues might be the wrong part was used for the replacement; or a crack exists in the radiator itself. Double check your install work and inspect the radiator for any cracks near the thermostat or that ’lip’ area; as that can be the source of your leak. If you need help trying to find this leak, or correctly diagnose the source of the leak, contact a mobile mechanic to complete a car is leaking coolant inspection.

3. Q: my thermostat housing is leaking