Q: clutch not fully engaging on ford ranger

asked by on November 26, 2016

Replaced clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, master cylinder and hydraulic line. Cleaned up and installed new O ring on slave cylinder. Bench bled master and installed. Got good pedal. No gears grinding. Air bubble still in line?

Clutch is not fully disengaging Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement $135.37 - $414.28 Get a Quote
Clutch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. From the description you have provided, the clutch not fully engaging, is not likely to be an air bubble in the hydraulic system. Had the clutch not fully disengaged, would have led me to believe air in the system. The good pedal and no grinding gears in an indication the clutch is disengaging. The clutch slave cylinder may not be fully returning and pressure is still applied to the pressure plate, this would cause the clutch to not fully engage and slip. The flywheel should have been resurfaced at the time of clutch component replacement. A glazed flywheel would also account for slippage. I recommend having your vehicle’s clutch is not fully engaging be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.