Q: Gas fuelled car starts chugs/makes a noise and turns off, might be the solenoid?

asked by on May 15, 2017

Car sometimes starts, chugs or make an airy sound and shuts down again.. roadside assistance said it may be the solenoid. Tried and tried to turn it on but barely did and when it did, it kind of started but then faded till it shut off

The first thing to do is to have the computer scanned for codes. Then check to see if the engine is getting good fuel pressure and has good spark. If you have no fuel or spark then the fuel pump or the crank sensor may be the cause. If you have fuel and spark but still will not start then you may have a broken timing belt. Have a mechanic check the systems for you.