Q: Throttle position sensor - 1994 Ford F-150

I replaced my throttle position sensor today and after installation my engine threw the code(s) 122, 998. In the manuals that I have it reads code 998 as a hard fault present, while code 122 is tp sensor circuit below minimum voltage. I checked the wiring and don't see any breaks or cuts so im not entirely sure what is going on. Thanks in advance for the input.

Hello. The only thing to do is to verify that the TPS was installed in the correct position. Make sure you did not put the little blade on the throttle body behind instead of in front of the sensor blades. If you have it on wrong, then the voltage will be too low and give your the codes you received. If you still need help, then have a mechanic diagnose the cause of the codes and proceed with the proper repairs.

3. Throttle position sensor - 1994 Ford F-150