My car is hardly driven. Once a week. Maybe two miles. Last night I drove it and was less than a mile from home at a stop light. I heard the engine fan cut on which was weird never heard that before. The temp gauge was almost in the red. No warning lights came on. When the light turned, I pushed the gas and the car made a squealing noise and I smelled rotten eggs. I pulled over immedidly. The coolant level was fine. I remained parked letting the car cool down even though I had only been driving for under five minutes. I noticed a slow run off under the engine of liquid that was thin and water like.
I made it back home but the car was almost in the red again...I saw trickles of very watery chocolate syrup like fluid at the rear of my car on the garage floor.
My car has 999999 miles.
My car has an automatic transmission.
Hello, thanks for writing in. There is definitely something wrong with your cooling system. If the coolant level is fine then it may be a failing thermostat or water pump causing the coolant not to flow through the engine. These will need to be tested right away to see if coolant is flowing. As for the leak, hopefully it is not coming from the head gasket as an overheat on this engine is know to cause a head gasket to fail. A block test will need to be fine to verify if there is an internal failure. If you want to have this overheating issue checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.