Does the main relay also affect the turn signals? honda p...

Q: Does the main relay also affect the turn signals?

asked by on November 09, 2016

After I resoldered some connections on the main relay so the engine would start, the turn signals stopped working although the hazzard function still works. The headlight housings also will no longer retract. What is your advise to repair these. I am not a mechanic but I try. Thank you for your advise.

Hi there. It sounds like you may have blown a fuse during your repair of the main relay. Check all your fuses and relays and replace them as necessary. Then, using an electrical wiring diagram, verify that the wiring harness was reassembled correctly after your repair; a misplaced wire or two can create real headaches. If all is well with the main relay and fuse block, verify supply voltage and ground for the turn signal switch and the headlight retraction motors. It does sound like your repair may be related to your current concerns, so I would strongly suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an electrical inspection on your vehicle so that you can avoid any unnecessary part replacements.