Q: 2008 GMC Acadia: passenger side window switch will make the window go down, but not back up. Now master switch on driver's side wo

asked by on February 06, 2017

Power windows: passenger side window switch will make the window go down but not up. Master switch on driver side won't make the window go down but we'll make it go back up any suggestions for me

The switch internals of one or both switches are faulty or there is a bad connection to the switches. To resolve this, the switches have to be removed from the door so that you can get access to the terminals. From there it is a simple matter of testing for switch continuity or power on the right terminals when the switch is supposed to be commanding up or down operation. Any switch not working as intended is condemned and replaced. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a power window switch diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.