Q: How long should vehicle first warm up in cold temperatures

When the temp gauge goes up to 8/10ths, I start getting a 3-beep warning. The manual says a 10-beep warning is dangerous. Should I go ahead and get this fixed?

The engine may be getting hotter from the CVT transmission overheating which causes the engine coolant to get hotter than it should. The manufacture has a technical service bulletin to add a transmission external cooler and clean out the cooler housing. Check with the dealer for your vehicle to be under this bulletin and have the cooler installed and transmission filter housing cleaned out.

3. How long should vehicle first warm up in cold temperatures