Q: Alarm goes off even when engine is running

There seemed to be an alarm going off sometimes when im on idle and even if my engine in running.. my central lock system including my car alarm was removed due to some wiring problem from last year but suddenly there was still something alarming outside my car, i was wondering if is may be some different kind of alarm going off since the sound wasn't really a common car alarm sound. It sounded very loud like a car alarm but with a different rhythm. I dont know if this had some reason why my car alarms but maybe it had something to do with when I accidentally hit a speed bump really hard and may have done something with the car. I would appreciate any reply or response i could get. Thank you so much

Hi there. It really depends on what was removed with the Toyota factory alarm that would pinpoint the source of the sound you are hearing now. In some cases, a mechanic will simply pull a fuse that powers the alarm siren to disable the device, while others will fully remove the system. However, due to the fact you had existing electrical problems, it is conceivable that the noise is being triggered by an electrical fault of some sort; either a sensor, connector or exposed wire. It would be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection, so we can pinpoint the source of the noise and recommend the right repairs.

3. Alarm goes off even when engine is running