Q: Check engine light on - 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK350

My car has gone 80,000 miles and now it has the check engine light on. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. The car runs great, has no problems developing speed. I checked to see if the gas cap may be off but it's tight. There are no smells or smoke. What could be wrong?

Have a mechanic check the code(s), then diagnose the vehicle based on that information. The problem setting the Check Engine Light may be doing other, unseen and expensive damage. A YourMechanic professional can help diagnose this issue by giving your vehicle a full inspection.