Q: Cranking noises when I am turning on my car.

I changed the starter yesterday to a manufacture refurbished one because it was cheaper and life time warranty. Car is been starting good since this morning but through out the day when we turn it on it makes this cranking metal noise right before it starts. Is it something else thats the problem? Or is it that i got another bad starter? The truck stays on normally it runs nice and smooth just the problem before it starts. We depend on this truck a lot so shouldbi stop driving it until find out was the problem. Or would this make the truck break even more?

The problem may be the replacement starter itself or the transmission flex plate the starter drives to start the engine. If there was damage to the gear on the old starter, some of that damage may have transferred to the flex plate as well. Also, when most starters are re-manufactured, only the worn or broken parts are replaced so they may fail in a different manner than the first time they failed. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your starter concerns to offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. Cranking noises when I am turning on my car.