Q: Car stalled out unexpectedly

My car has an automatic transmission and a mileage of around 50,000 miles. The other day, I was driving on the highway and it started running a bit funny. I was driving at 50 mph and the car stalled out on me out of the blue. Why did this happen? The vehicle is a newer model with not that many miles on it, so I'm very concerned.

Hello. This could happen for several reasons. Your car could have gone into a temporary limp mode because of transmission malfunction or because the battery and/or alternator has low voltage causing the car to stall. This problem should be addressed as soon as possible as this is cause for concern. I would suggest that you take the car to the dealer and have them inspect it. They have the computers that are able to quickly and efficiently diagnose your problem. If you don’t want to go the dealer route however, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help diagnose your stalling problem and suggest a repair from there.

3. Car stalled out unexpectedly