Q: Steering wheel won't turn

There's a belt hanging from underneath the car. The car starts up, but the steering wheel won't turn.

A: It would seem that you have just thrown off...

It would seem that you have just thrown off the power steering belt. The belt may have come off due to tensioner, or idler pulley failure. You should have all the pulleys and tensioner checked to see if one, or both, caused the belt to come off, or if the belt broke from age. I would recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your entire power steering system for a proper diagnosis.