Q: Tapping sound near brake pedal.

I hear a tapping sound inside the car near the brake pedal. When I press the brake pedal, the tapping dims for a few seconds, but then it returns. Whatever it is has killed my battery and is still tapping now. I do not hear the sound when I am under the hood.

The clicking noise is one of the relays under the left side of the dash cycling on and off. I have seen aftermarket alarm relays do this and this may be the reason it is killing the battery. Most factory relays would not stay on after the key is turned off. This is why I would suspect an aftermarket relay or a factory relay that does get power all the time. I recommend to have a qualified mechanic check it out, such as one from YourMechanic. They would be able to isolate the relay and find out why it will not shut off.

3. Tapping sound near brake pedal.