Q: Engine starts but dies after 3-5 seconds

My automatic isuzu trooper suddenly wont start anymore. This is the first time this happens to me, when i start the engine it cranks longer than the usual, it took atleast 3 seconds before it fully starts but after about 3-5 seconds the engine dies even stepping on the gas. I tried it several times but the same output. I just replaced my battery 2 months ago. The mechanic says the problem is its rail pressure sensor and valve. Just want to confirm it. Your answer is much appreciated.

Hi there. This can be caused by a fuel rail pressure sensor, but most of the time when this code comes up it is because the fuel pump has failed. A fuel pump will fail much more often then this sensor. I usually start by testing the fuel pressure. If there is none then I test to make sure that the pump is getting voltage. If it is then the pump is bad. If there is fuel pressure then I test the sensor to see if it read correctly. If not then it gets replaced. If it does then I check the next most common sensor which is the crankshaft position sensor. If you are planning on having this no start problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic will come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.